Did you Know?
- The slight drizzle upon arrival did not dampen my spirit.
- Invertebrate species are particularly abundant and include planarian Dugesia batuensis which is endemic to Batu caves, cave cockroach Pycnoscelus striatus, cave cricket Diestrammena gravelyii and tailless whip scorpion Sarax brachydactylus.
- I was thankful that we had climbed up to the caves before the late morning sun brought on the heat of the day.
- It is built in 1892 and the caves are 400 meter long and 120 meter high.
- Situated at 12 km north of Kuala Lumpur.
- Inside this cave it is dark, damp, cool and a little eerie, but nonetheless spectacular.
- The Batu caves are located about 7 miles from the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur.