Did you Know?
- A private company is running tours to the caves, otherwise contact the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) for permission and guidelines.
- I was thankful that we had climbed up to the caves before the late morning sun brought on the heat of the day.
- The most fascinating time to visit the Batu Caves is during the festival of Thaipusam, which usually falls in January or February.
- It is built in 1892 and the caves are 400 meter long and 120 meter high.
- The existing single track route from Sentul to Batu Caves will be upgraded to double tracks and equiped with new infrastructure that includes new bridges, a new Batu Caves Station, halts at Taman Wahyu, Kampung Batu and Batu Kantomen, Electrification System and modern signalling and communication systems.
- The ceiling is 100 m above ground and this huge chamber is lit by daylight from several holes in the ceiling.
- The Batu Caves are situated thirteen kilometers (seven miles) north of the capital city Kuala Lumpur.