Did you Know?
- A private company is running tours to the caves, otherwise contact the Malaysian Nature Society (MNS) for permission and guidelines.
- The Batu caves are located about 7 miles from the Malaysian capital of Kuala Lumpur.
- This serves as the focus of the Hindu community's yearly (Click link for more info and facts about Thaipusam festival) Thaipusam festival.
- Here's a little map of the Batu Caves extension and a short article about it.
- The ceiling is 100 m above ground and this huge chamber is lit by daylight from several holes in the ceiling.
- KUALA LUMPUR: Work on the long-awaited KTM Komuter extension from Sentul to Batu Caves will finally begin early next year, with completion scheduled for 2008.
- Formed within the framework of an imposing limestone outcrop about 400 million years ago, Batu Caves actually consists of three main caves and several smaller ones.