Did you Know?
- The entire airport is a very smart, new place and very relaxing with gentle piped music, however the comfort and facilities go right up when you go through check-in to the 'air side'.
- In addition there is an airport shuttle service between the airport and the city centre and most hotels in Singapore; the buses leave when all six seats have been filled or every 15 to 30 minutes.
- CHANGI Airport is putting up a tough fight to ward off the competition, bagging 18 of the top awards given out last year by aviation organisations and industry magazines.
- In 2004, Changi enjoyed its busiest year ever, handling a record 30.35 million passengers, and 2005 is shaping up as another strong year.
- The only airport in the world to be currently classified as a 5 star airport, the highest category in Skytrax's "World Airport Star Ranking" .
- The Japanese recognised the potential of Changi for an air base and construction began with PoW labour at the farthest eastern point of Singapore Island in 1942.
- The station will be entered from each of the airport terminals through one of two glass atria containing passenger escalators and elevators for movement between levels.