Did you Know?
- Changi International Airport in the city and State of Singapore is one of the largest aviation facilities in Asia.
- The Changi Airport Line extends Singapore's existing mass rapid transit system from the current East-West line at Tanah Merah to two new stations.
- CAI is one of the first Asian airport investment company to pursue airport investment opportunities globally and offer consultancy services to foreign airports.
- Changi Airport has been operating since its opening in 1981 with no rail link and with full reliance on taxi and bus connections, proven effective given the short 20 kilometre distance to the city via the East Coast Parkway and their relative affordability.
- Singapore Airport is a top airport in terms of customer service and security and has won a large number of awards and accolades as the best airport since its opening in 1981, from organisations such as International Air Transport Association
[ ] and Business Traveller [ ].
- Changi Airport is located in Changi, about 20 kilometres from the city centre on the eastern edge of Singapore island, and uses the IATA code SIN.
- Changi Airport has shown that it is committed to providing air cargo handling capacity ahead of demand to cater for the growing needs of the Singapore airfreight industry.