Did you Know?
- Chinatown sounds like it would be the place where most Vancouver residents of Chinese descent live.
- Chinatown grew slowly until the 1940s and was considered a "bachelor society," peopled by mostly men.
- Chinatown is part of London's colourful West End, along with Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Piccadilly Circus and other nearby districts.
- Chinatown (1974) is a superb, private eye mystery and modern-day film noir thriller.
- Incredibly, the historic streets of Old Chinatown east of Alameda were never to be paved as a result of this downward spiral of disinterest.
- There are many other ethnicities represented in Chinatown, including Thai, Malaysian, Singaporean, Nepalese, Italian, French and Japanese shops and restaurants.
- Chinatown was a relatively small area for such numbers of people.