Did you Know?
- The town was otiginally named Sikri after the village, where it was founded but its twin city Fatehpur (Victory Town) was erected to celebrate Akbar's conquest of Gujarat in June 1573.
- Fatehpur Sikri, a fort town built by the Mughal Emperor Akbar, is 37 kms from Agra.
- FATEHPUR SIKRI, a town in the Agra district in the United Provinces of India, on the road from Agra to Jaipur.
- To wander among the red sandstone courtyards of Fatehpur Sikri is to travel back in time to when the Mughal emperor Akbar rode through its gateway after a triumphant campaign, to be welcomed by his delighted subjects and the royal court.
- Fatehpur Sikri : complete information on fatehpur sikri tour, agra fatehpur sikri travel, fatehpur sikri heritage tour, heritage travel in india.
- Akbar was a keen builder and the plan of Fatehpur Sikri reveals an architectural mastermind at work.
- Fatehpur Sikari begann ebenso rasch wieder zu verfallen, wie sie aufgebaut worden war.