Did you Know?
- Fatehpur Sikri India, The city of Fatehpur Sikri is a complicated complex of palaces and courtyards, full of light and air, unlike any of the palaces of Europe where the climate necessitated closed cloisters..., Fatehpur Sikri, by Shobita Punja, Visit Fatehpur Sikri, Indian place to visit Fatehpur Sikri
- Fatehpur Sikari begann ebenso rasch wieder zu verfallen, wie sie aufgebaut worden war.
- Said to be a reflex of the mind of a great man, Fatehpur Sikri was a tribute by Emperor Akbar to his patron saint Sheikh Salim Chisti.
- Akbar was a keen builder and the plan of Fatehpur Sikri reveals an architectural mastermind at work.
- The city of Fatehpur Sikri was built as a sign of the Emperor Akbar's gratitude to Sheikh Salim Chisti.
- Jahangir (1569-1627), fourth Mughal emperor of India (1605-1627), the eldest son of Emperor Akbar, born in Fatehpur Sikri.
- Fatehpur Sikri reflects the many faceted character of the man who inspired it.