Did you Know?
- India's cable TV market is one of the world's largest, with more than 60 million subscribers, although growth slowed in 2005.
- India will sideswipe you with its size, clamour and diversity - but if you enjoy delving into convoluted cosmologies and thrive on sensual overload, then it is one of the most intricate and rewarding dramas unfolding on earth, and you'll quickly develop an abiding passion for it.
- India is one of the oldest civilizations in the world with a kaleidoscopic variety and rich cultural heritage.
- India is continuing to move forward with market-oriented economic reforms that began in 1991.
- India and neighbouring Pakistan sometimes engage in a war of words via their respective media, occasionally banning relays of broadcasts from the other country.
- In the last respect the Government of India cannot be said to be partial to Christians as compared with non-Christians; since it spends large sums of State money over a number of non-Christian religious edifices and institutions in continuance and perpetuation of the practice of their predecessors in the government of the country.
- India and China are building on growing economic ties to improve other aspects of their relationship such as counter-terrorism, energy, and trade.