Did you Know?
- President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo bids goodbye to Their Majesties (King) Yang Di-Pertuan Agong and the (Queen) Raja Permaisuri Agong during a farewell call at Istana Negara (Royal Palace) in Kuala Lumpur Thursday (August 9).
- Malaysians from all walks of life celebrate the official birthday of SPB Yang di-Pertuan Agong, the King of Malaysia, with much delight and affection.
- Selangor: previously they used Tengku Ampuan (for Consort who is of royal descendant) and Tuanku Permaisuri (for commoner-turn-to-royal Consort), but as the Sultan Selangor currently has no wife, so the Consort throne is currently vacant.
- Immediately after their special flight landed at the Halim Perdanakusuma Airport here, their Majesties were chauffeured to Istana Merdeka where they were received by President Susilo and Ibu Ani Yudhoyono and given a full state welcome.
- Many narrow streets, perfectly proportioned for the small shophouses that once lined them, now are overshadowed by towering high-rises, making the city seem cramped in some quarters.
- President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo walks with His Majesty, the Yang Di-Pertuan Agong of Malaysia, and his wife, Raja Permaisuri Agong, (behind the President) upon her arrival at the Parliament House in Kuala Lumpur on Tuesday (August 7).
- In the evening both their Majesties will attend a State Banquet in their honour given by President Susilo at the Istana Negara here.