Did you Know?
- Birthday of SBP Yang di-Pertuan Agong (His Majesty)
- Many narrow streets, perfectly proportioned for the small shophouses that once lined them, now are overshadowed by towering high-rises, making the city seem cramped in some quarters.
- Jose Miguel "Mike" Arroyo exchanges pleasantries with Malaysian majesties (Queen) Raja Permaisuri Agong (L) and (King) Yang di-Pertuan Agong during the state banquet in honor of President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo at the Istana Negara in Kuala Lumpur Tuesday night (August 7).
- From a special dais at the palace's compound, His Majesty took the Royal Salute and later inspected a Guard-of-Honour comprising officers and men of the Presidential Special Guards.
- Nearby is the Masjid Negara (National Mosque), built in 1965.
- Selangor: previously they used Tengku Ampuan (for Consort who is of royal descendant) and Tuanku Permaisuri (for commoner-turn-to-royal Consort), but as the Sultan Selangor currently has no wife, so the Consort throne is currently vacant.
- Malaysia is a country divided by the South China Sea.