Did you Know?
- The Jama Masjid Agra is the center of the city of Fatehpur Sikri, which was built around it.
- Jama Masjid is not only architecturally beautiful, but also a place of great religious significance as it houses a hair from the beard of Prophet and also a chapter of Holy Quran written by him.
- Work on the Jama Masjid mosque was begun in 1650 A.D. by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan to compliment his palace at the Red Fort.
- Jama Masjid is one of the largest mosques in India and the final architectural extravagance of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan.
- Jama Masjid is located in the heart of Delhi,It is easily accessible in many ways.Traveller's visiting Delhi should not miss the chance to visit Jama Masjid.The mosque is situated at a walking distance from the Red Fort (Lal Qila) and Chandni Chowk.
- Jama Masjid is beautifully decorated with paintings, inlaid stones, carvings and glazed tiles.
- Jama Masjid having set the precedent in Bangalore, a number of mosques in the City are now starting modern schools within their premises while half a dozen mosque have already set up computer training centers.