Did you Know?
- The official website for the Pahang tourism board is www.pahangtourism.com.my.
- The areas in the town's center are nice for walking.
- By Bus-- If you're arriving on the executive bus from Singapore, you'll be dropped at the MTC (Malaysia Tourism Centre) on Jalan Ampang in the center of town.
- The purpose, pursuant to the objectives set at the first intergovernmental conference held in Tokyo in 1993, is to review the results of ten years of activities in training, research, heritage preservation and the development of Angkor.
- Bus routes service Kuantan from all parts of the peninsula, and thanks to the opening in 2004 of a beautiful new highway linking Kuantan to KL, the trip is only 3 1/2 hours; but I can't vouch for the quality of the bus itself.
- Several ministers of countries represented at the conference will also be taking part in the proceedings, including Cambodian Minister of State Vann Molyvann and Indian Tourism and Culture Minister Jagmohan.
- The second Intergovernmental Conference on the Safeguarding and Development of Angkor will be held at the International Conference Center, 19 Avenue Klber, on November 14 and 15.