Did you Know?
- Thousands of pilgrims gather at this holy city to offer prayers to the Jyotirlinga (one of the twelve throughout India), at the Shiva temple of Shri Omkar Mandhata.
- Here, at the confluence of the rivers Narmada and Kaveri, the devout have gathered to kneel before the Jyotirlinga (one of the twelve throughout India) at the temple of Shri Omkar Mandhata.
- The important part of the town containing the famous Jyotirlinga Omkareshwar temple is situated on the island formed in the Narmada and rest of the town formed in the southern bank if the river.
- Wasnt Omkareshwar, on the confluence of the two rivers as mysterious as the Lord of the mystic mantra - Om.
- The Omkareshwar multipurpose project is located near town Barwah in Khandwa district of Madhya Pradesh, India.
- Nearest railhead is Omkareshwar Road (12 km) on the Ratlam-khandwa section of the Western Railway.
- By rail : Nearest railhead is Omkareshwar road (12 km) on the Ratlam - Khandwa section of the western railway.