Did you Know?
- By rail : Nearest railhead is Omkareshwar road (12 km) on the Ratlam - Khandwa section of the western railway.
- Omkareshwar is on a temple-dotted island at the confluence of the Narmada and Kaveri rivers.
- Bhopal, June 13 a loan agreement of Rs 1350 crore for the construction of 520 Mw Omkareshwar project was signed between the National Hydelpower Development Corporation and consortium of 11 banks here today in the Presence of chief minister Babulal Gaur.
- Travel Omkareshwar, encompassing few of the fascinating tourists spots of the state.
- By Rail: Nearest railhead is Omkareshwar Road (12 km) on the Ratlam-Khandwa section of theWestern Railway.
- At the confluence of Narmada and Kaveri rivers, Omkareshwar is an island, shaped like the holy hindu symbol ofOM.
- The island is shaped like the holy Hindu symbol /Om/ and the Omkareshwar temple here is one of the many temples dedicated to Lord Shiva.