Did you Know?
- Klang is still described as the “royal city” of the State of Selangor (indeed it was state capital before being replaced by Kuala Lumpur) and lies 32 km from Kuala Lumpur and 6 km from Port Klang.
- Port Klang Authority retains regulatory authority and oversees the operations of the companies.
- The port nearest to Port Klang town is known as the South Port.
- Port Klang is situated on the west coast of Peninsular Malaysia, about 40 km from the capital city, Kuala Lumpur.
- Port Klangs proximity to the greater Klang Valley the commercial and industrial hub of Malaysia ensures that the port plays a pivotal role in the economic development of Malaysia.
- He said Port Klang, which is No 13 in the world in terms of container handling, could improve its position.
- Port Klang has grown from 1.4 million TEU in 1996 to 2.5 million in 1999.