Did you Know?
- Based on a government directive in 1993, Port Klang is being developed as the national load centre and eventually a regional cargo trans-shipment hub for the region.
- "Port Klang, the largest port in the country, is the main sea gateway to Malaysia.
- The entire geographical area in the immediate vicinity of the river, which begins at Kuala Lumpur and runs west all the way to Port Klang, is known as the Klang Valley.
- It is the nearest deepwater port to the Straits of Malacca.
- Port Klang has grown from 1.4 million TEU in 1996 to 2.5 million in 1999.
- This district is located in the middle of Klang Valley and in 2000 has a population of 1, 181, 034 people.
- Of Port Klangs total container throughput at present, 50 per cent comes from transhipment cargo, while 90 per cent of PTPs business is derived from this sector.