Did you Know?
- The management of the port passed from the Malayan Railway to the newly established Port Swettenham Authority, which subsequently was changed to Klang Port Authority (KPA).
- Of Port Klangs total container throughput at present, 50 per cent comes from transhipment cargo, while 90 per cent of PTPs business is derived from this sector.
- Port Klang is the most significant port in Malaysia and its operations include container terminals, general, dry bulk, liquid bulk and passenger handling.
- The port nearest to Port Klang town is known as the South Port.
- Mundra PORT, is one of the deepest ports on the Western coast of India.
- Petaling is a district located in the state of Selangor in Malaysia, not to be confused with the town of Petaling Jaya located in it.
- On July 1 1963, a milestone in the new era for Port Klang was established.