Did you Know?
- At first Taghaza had been controlled by the Saharan nomads, but in the early 14th century the rulers of Mali managed to maintain some control over the routes leading these mines from the south.
- It utterly dwarfs Meteor Crater in Arizona, which is about three-fourths of a mile (1.2 kilometers) in diameter.
- The scientists concluded that the overall effect of the Saharan dust on the surface rainfall was to reduce it.
- Additional background information on the Saharan Air Layer (SAL) can be found at the NOAA/AOML/Hurricane Research Division's Tropical Cyclone FAQ page.
- The Sanskrit language was made up almost entirely out of that half of the Saharan language which starts with VCV, while the scholars creating the Romance languages and English used the same system as a priority but quite often felt obliged to use a CV word for the first morpheme.
- This was done with the use of different formulaic manipulations of the Saharan vocabulary, creating largely invented (non-genetic) language "families".
- updated 7-27-2004 Dinka (Nilo-Saharan) belongs to the Western Nilotic sub-branch of the Nilotic sub-branch of the Eastern Sudanic sub-branch of the Chari-Nile branch of the Nilo- Saharan family of languages.