Did you Know?
- This is one of the new and innovative schools in Ladakh, and is about the same age as the Tabo school.
- Tabo took the advantage and threw his small weapon at the priestess, while diving for the cover of the table.
- The TABO Registration Meeting was held on Monday September 11, at 7:00 PM.
- Founded in 996 AD by the great scholar, Rinchensang Po, as an institution for advanced learning, Tabo celebrated its 1000th anniversary in 1996.
- It is known that the Chos-Khor at Tabo commanded great importance, and hosted for a considerable period, many great scholars and translators in the Buddhist history studies.
- The Tabo monastery, also referred to as Tabo Chos-Khor- 'doctrinal circle' or 'doctrinal enclave' is a complex that holds nine temples, 23 chortens, a monks' chamber and an extension that houses the nuns' chamber.
- By road from Shimla to Tabo- 365 kms.