Did you Know?
- The Tabo Monastery in Spiti is a highly revered monatery for Budhists.
- Tabo is famous for its exquisite murals and stucco sculptures which bear a striking resemblance with the paintings and sculpture in the Ajanta caves.
- Rail - Shimla and Pathankot are the nearest rail stoppages for Tabo.
- Tabo Monastery is situated in Tabo village in Spiti valley of Himachal Pradesh.
- This is an interesting tour for us, as it combines a range of elements from cultural exchange experience for us, an educational exchange for the children and staff of the school, a team building and networking opportunity for the teachers and staff, and a great fund raising opportunity for the school.
- The story of Tabo opens a window both on Tibetan and on Indian culture and history, because of a religion and a style of art that have both disappeared from their land of origin.
- Tabo is located at a height of 3050 metres in the magnificently isolated Spiti valley in Himachal Pradesh.