Did you Know?
- Taj Mahal, the sensuous temple of love, demand to be savoured without interruption when you tour India.
- The hue of the marbled Taj Mahal of India varies from hour to hour, season to season.
- The Taj (as it is often called) is among the most recoginizable and celebrated buildings in the world -- a masterpiece of Mughal architecture that brilliantly combines elements of Persian and Hindu architecture.
- She was beautiful and demure; the royal poets wrote that her loveliness made the moon hide its face in shame, while the stars extinguished their light in fear of being compared to her radiance.
- Recently, the Taj Mahal was declared Sunni Wakf property on the grounds that it is the grave of a woman whose husband, Emperor Shah Jahan was a Sunni.
- We have all heard how the Taj Mahal, which is considered one of the great wonders of the world, was built as the preeminent expression of a man's love for a wife.
- The construction of Taj Mahal was started in AD 1631 and completed at the end of 1648 AD.