Did you Know?
- Tajs Blues is an entertainingly diverse record, featuring a variety of blues and roots-music styles, all fused together into a distinctive sound of its own.
- Jesse only stayed with the Taj Mahal band for two short years but the exuberance and the sheer joy of their collaboration can be heard on songs like "Leaving Trunk" and "Statesboro Blues." It's hard avoid the impulse to dance to these songs because the slow blues tempo is revved up to a mid-tempo shuffle.
- Taj Mahal, the sensuous temple of love, demand to be savoured without interruption when you tour India.
- Taj Mahal India, the ultimate monument of love, is India's gift to the monumental legacy of the world.
- The architectural wonder of the Taj Mahal is a monument of love, purity and beauty that Shah Jahan had built in the loving memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal.
- The architectural complex of the Taj Mahal comprises of five main elements: the Darwaza or main gateway, the Bageecha or garden, the Masjid or mosque, the Naqqar Khana or rest house, and the Rauza or the Taj Mahal mausoleum.
- Mahal returned in 1987 with Taj, an album issued by Gramavision that explored this new interest; the following year, he inaugurated a string of successful, well-received children's albums with Shake Sugaree.