Did you Know?
- The Chakri dynasty have ruled Thailand since king Taksin was declared mad in 1782.
- We have been building and operating travel websites in Thailand and throughout SE Asia since 1995, working closely with the Tourism Working Group of the Greater Mekong Subregion and the Tourist Authority of Thailand.
- The Stock Exchange of Thailand's benchmark SET Index ended a tense day at 691.55 after it tumbled nearly 15 percent the day before in reaction to new rules restricting foreign investment aimed at stemming the baht's surge.
- Thailand grew by 5 percent in 2006, slightly better than 4.5 percent in 2005, and is projected to be 4.3 percent in 2007 more...
- Nitya Pibulsonggram, Thailands Foreign Minister, to hold a bilateral meeting at the Blue Room, the Government House.
- Thailand requires that all vehicles be covered by third-party liability insurance for death or injury, but there is no mandatory coverage for property damage.
- The plunge Tuesday came after the Bank of Thailand announced its toughest measures yet to clamp down on speculative inflows that have lifted the Thai currency.