Did you Know?
- Thailand is part of the 21st century Geo-Economic Region commonly referred to as 'The Pacific Rim'.
- Thailand, officially the Kingdom of Thailand, is a country in Southeast Asia, bordering Laos and Cambodia to the east, the Gulf of Thailand and Malaysia to the south, and the Andaman Sea and Myanmar to the west.
- Nitya Pibulsonggram, Foreign Minister, at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to interview Foreign Minister on the policy of the Foreign Ministry on two important issues: the policy on the Arab countries scholarships to be distributed to Thai Muslim students, and the diplomatic relations between Thailand and Saudi Arabia.
- Thailand's stability and independence are important to the maintenance of peace in the region.
- However, despite the introduction of constitutional monarchy, Thailand struggled for many years to remain constitutional, with power slipping backwards and forwards from the hands of corruptly elected politicians to military strongmen for the next sixty years.
- Thailand has a significant level of HIV infection and AIDS. Heterosexual transmission accounts for most HIV infections and HIV is common among prostitutes of both sexes.
- AEGiS is made possible through unrestricted grants from Boehringer Ingelheim, Elton John AIDS Foundation, iMetrikus, Inc., the National Library of Medicine, and donations from users like you.