Did you Know?
- The Chakri dynasty have ruled Thailand since king Taksin was declared mad in 1782.
- [mlf] 3,000 to 4,000 in Thailand (1982 SIL).
- Kingdom of Thailand, Muang Thai or Prathet Thai.
- Thailand is the only southeast Asian country never have been taken over by a European power.
- Thailand is a fascinating and exotic country to explore.
- The name Mongkut in English texts usually refers to Rama IV, but in Thailand it is usually understood as the reigning title of Rama VI, Phra Mongkut Klao Chaoyuhua.
- The chiefs of Thailand's army, navy and air force earlier met King Bhumibol Adulyadej to declare they were taking over the country while Thaksin was in New York for a U.N. meeting.