Go to New Site   |   Old Site   >  World      Countries      Animals      Continents      Oceans      Solar System      Planets      Stars      Satellites
Home > Countries > Denmark

DENMARK

Location

Denmark Flag
Denmark, an unwavering democracy, provides you with excellent tourist facilities. Situated in northern Europe, the country has a total area of about 44,000 sq km. It is made up of 406 islands, giving a total coastline of 7,300 km. Here, February is the coldest month of the year and July is supposed to be the warmest.

Denmark houses various religions with their own domes of worship. Greenland, the heart of Denmark is situated in the Arctic region and has an extremely intolerant climate. Copenhagen, the country's capital, is a very enchanting town. The country is the geographic and cultural link to Scandinavia and a major gateway to the Baltic. The common language of the people here is Danish, developed from the German language.

Denmark is one of the smallest countries and has the oldest capital city and flag. The place boasts of fascinating plazas, fountains, statues, gardens, manor houses, castles and museums and galleries. It has a rich culture and heritage and has developed a lot in these few years. Denmark has around 5.2 million inhabitants. It is more of an agricultural country, though fishing and tourism industries are also flourishing. Another flourishing industry is the arts and craftwork and also the garments.

Location

Denmark is located in Northern Europe and is a Scandinavian country. Jutland lies at a distance of 68 kilometers from the country. Denmark borders the Baltic Sea to the south and the North Sea to the west. Skagerak comes to the north and Kattegat and Oeresund make it to the east. The coastline is approximately 7500 km.

The capital is actually termed as Koebenhavn (Copenhagen). Denmark also includes two autonomous lands called Greenland and the Faroe Islands. It covers a total area of 43000 sq kms. Only 9% of the area is structural whereas the remaining 91% consists of agricultural ground, forests, cliffs, lakes and streams.

Climate

Denmark has variations in climate every now and then. Spring months are mild whereas summers are warm. Autumn is a little windy and often rainy. Winter witnesses frost and snow. February is the coldest month of the year whereas July is the warmest. The country is placed in a temperate zone. It is a part of Europe's temperate deciduous forest belt.

The climate of this country is best suited for coniferous trees and the dune areas are wooded with spruce and pine.

Environment

Around 12% of Denmark is covered with dense forests, mostly the deciduous ones. The beech and oak trees prevail in greater quantities in the region. Few other trees found here are elm, hazel, maple, pine, birch, aspen, lime (linden) and chestnut. Of the fauna, the red deer is quite famous here and weighs over 200 kilos. Also seen are the roe deer, fallow deer, wild hare, foxes, squirrels, hedgehogs and badgers. The region also proudly boasts of 400 bird species of which magpies, urban pigeons, coots, geese and ducks are the most common.

Language

Danish, English and German are widely spoken language in Denmark.

Important Cities

  1. Copenhagen (Capital)
  2. Skagen
  3. Arhus
  4. Ribe
  5. Helsingor
  6. Alborg
  7. Frederikshavn
  8. Hanstholm Heming
  9. Grena

Main Industires

  1. Furniture and Wood Products
  2. Food Processing
  3. Iron and Steel
  4. Electronics
  5. Chemicals
  6. Ship building
  7. Textiles
  8. Constructions

Explore Denmark
History
Shopping
Attractions
Denmark Culture
Activities
Copenhagen





Nearby Countries

Austria
France
Romania
Cyprus
Belgium


© MOVING PLANETS    Contact Us    Privacy    Terms    Sign up for free and contribute